Our little pumpkin turned 1 month old this weekend. We celebrated with her Grandma and Grandpa Wollersheim because it was also their 35th wedding anniversary on the same day! We went to a rotating restaurant in downtown Phoenix and watched the sunset. Mia on the other hand slept through the sunset. We are so completely in love with little girl.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Mia Rose Wollersheim arrived on Thursday, April 21. She was two weeks and three days late. She is beautiful and healthy. I learned that my wife is an incredibly strong woman - she gave birth naturally completely un-medicated. Mia weighed 7 pounds and 6 ounces and is 19 inches long. We are so blessed!!! And totally in love.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
So I have yet to post pictures of my pregnancy, so I decided to post tonight. Here are a few:
31 Weeks. It is amazing how much bigger I feel I look in this photo than I do when I look in the mirror in the morning. Maybe I am trying to fool myself. :0)
We are almost there and can't wait for Baby Wally to be here!!!!!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I didn't realize that I was a big OU (Oklahoma University) fan until Ashley and I got a chance to go to the Fiesta Bowl in which Oklahoma Univeristy played University of Connecticut. The game was played in Glendale, AZ at the same stadium where the Arizona Cardinals play. We went to the game with Amy, Debbie, Itchy, Pam and Karlee. Tons of fun!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
We are in the middle of our Christmas week with Debbie and family in Sedona. It was about 70 degrees the day we arrived, we have spent our time hiking, eating and the Martin women have done their fair share of shopping. Over the last two days it has snowed 8-10 inches, which makes for beautiful pictures against the red rock of Sedona.
Picture from the top of Doe Mountain
Snow in the desert!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
I am not even sure where to start, it has been so long since we posted last. We moved to Phoenix and time has gotten away from us. We have been so blessed since being back in the states, we settled into Phoenix nicely. We feel that this transition has been one of the easier ones out of all the places we have moved. We are feeling plugged in and it has only been about 5 months. I have to keep Joe's ideas at bay for our next great adventure, and reassure him that I am not going anywhere anytime soon. :) Here are ten highlights.
1. WE ARE HAVING A BABY! She is due April 4th and we are super excited. I am just over 6 months and feeling great.
2. We bought a house, it is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath and it has a pool!!!! Joe is excited about hosting a Polar Plunge Party every year. (Yes we do realize it won't be as cold as in the mid-west, but that is the best part)
3. Joe got into school at ASU. He will be starting in January, getting his MBA.
4. I got to meet my best friend's baby, Thijs, for the first time about a month ago. It couldn't have been sweeter!
5. We have gotten to see a lot of friends and family members since being in Arizona. This is Amy with her old roommate Lou who came to visit in Phoenix, she was also in Mali the same time we were, she was pivotal in our survival overseas.
6. We went home to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving, Joe's sisters are both pregnant too, so we got to all be pregnant together, sooooo fun. Minus the Wisconsin cold.
7. We hosted our first annual cookie exchange with another couple. It was a success.
8. We do not miss a White Christmas, we are loving the weather here in AZ in December and do not regret our move here at all.
9. We have talked to our friends back in Mali, we can still converse in the local language, although it feels weird speaking an African dialect in your living room. We miss them.
10. We are gearing up for a Christmas in Sedona. My mom and all of the Martin siblings are flying out in just a few days. It is going to be a holiday full of memories! 7 days, 11 family members, one house...