I am not even sure where to start, it has been so long since we posted last. We moved to Phoenix and time has gotten away from us. We have been so blessed since being back in the states, we settled into Phoenix nicely. We feel that this transition has been one of the easier ones out of all the places we have moved. We are feeling plugged in and it has only been about 5 months. I have to keep Joe's ideas at bay for our next great adventure, and reassure him that I am not going anywhere anytime soon. :) Here are ten highlights.
1. WE ARE HAVING A BABY! She is due April 4th and we are super excited. I am just over 6 months and feeling great.
2. We bought a house, it is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath and it has a pool!!!! Joe is excited about hosting a Polar Plunge Party every year. (Yes we do realize it won't be as cold as in the mid-west, but that is the best part)
3. Joe got into school at ASU. He will be starting in January, getting his MBA.
4. I got to meet my best friend's baby, Thijs, for the first time about a month ago. It couldn't have been sweeter!
5. We have gotten to see a lot of friends and family members since being in Arizona. This is Amy with her old roommate Lou who came to visit in Phoenix, she was also in Mali the same time we were, she was pivotal in our survival overseas.
6. We went home to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving, Joe's sisters are both pregnant too, so we got to all be pregnant together, sooooo fun. Minus the Wisconsin cold.
7. We hosted our first annual cookie exchange with another couple. It was a success.
8. We do not miss a White Christmas, we are loving the weather here in AZ in December and do not regret our move here at all.
9. We have talked to our friends back in Mali, we can still converse in the local language, although it feels weird speaking an African dialect in your living room. We miss them.
10. We are gearing up for a Christmas in Sedona. My mom and all of the Martin siblings are flying out in just a few days. It is going to be a holiday full of memories! 7 days, 11 family members, one house...